Hi! I’m Rachel Yancey, creator of Bold City Hair. I am your Jacksonville hair stylist, hair colorist, hair extension specialist, and hair extension educator.
I created BCH in 2015 and have been a working stylist since 2009, specializing in hair extensions for the last ten plus years. I love being creative and while drawing is one of my favorite hobbies, I also love creating custom looks and makeovers for my clients. Your personal style and personality are important factors in creating custom looks. Having references is an important tool for communicating with your stylist. I have heard many times ‘I don’t know how to explain it.’ Find pictures and we can evaluate and give you fabulous hair!
I believe your hair should look great every day of the year, not just at the salon. I am committed to giving my clients the best customer service, freshest ideas and emerging trends. I believe in giving clients education and a hair care routine that works to their suites, so they can have great hair at home too. I take pride in my career and love staying on my toes with continuing education, whether it is learning or teaching!
I started out young in all kinds of art classes, naturally thriving on anything creative. My dad has been a Barber for over 40 years with his own shop, and I always knew I wanted to do hair. However, my parents wanted me to go to college so I went for Graphic Design, still keeping my creativity flowing. But sitting at the desk wasn’t for me. I went to hair school and I’ve been at it since! I’ve worked at salons in Jacksonville such as Fusion Salon, Verde Eco Salon, Elite Salon & Day Spa, and West Coast Hair Design. I soon followed my move to the salon with a Bachelors Degree in Supervision and Business Management always with the plan to one day have my very own salon.
I am a Master Colorist and Hair Extension Specialist. I use hair color by Davines North America, and I specialize in the hand tied weft extensions, fusion, I-tip (or beads), and Tape-In hair extension methods. Some hair extension brands I love to use are SILX Global Hair Extensions, Platform hair extensions, Bombshell hair extensions(Habit Hand Tied), DreamCatchers, and Halo Couture. Only the finest quality 100% Remy human hair is used regardless of method.
I have always had a naturally inquisitive mind and thrive for learning. I enjoy my career and love being able to perfect my craft and evolve. I believe in stylists supporting stylists and forward thinking to help each other grow. I take pride in what I do and hope you find value in my investments.
Some of my accomplishments:
- 2006 University of North Florida Graphic Design Technology
- 2009 Cosmetology Degree at NFI
- 2009 FNLongLocks hair extension training at NFI
- 2010 Brazilian Blowout certification
- 2012 BAS Degree in Supervision and Business Management
- 2012-2015 Extensive hair extension training through local hair extension company FNLONGLOCKS in the fusion, I tip, and tape-in hair extension methods.
- 2013 FNLONGLOCKS Hair Extension Platform Artist at the International Orlando Premiere Hair Show
- 2014 Keratin Complex training classes on color and smoothing treatments
- 2012-2015 Davines mask hair color training classes with various Davines instructors
- 2013- Hattori Hanzo network classes with local and non local artists such as Lee Trevino and Oscar Bond. Including but not limited to hair cutting, hair styling, and color application techniques
- 2015 Aveda systems training classes on all Aveda color and products
- 2015 Halo Couture Hair Extension Specialist
- 2015-2017 Bumble and Bumble network education classes such as razor hair cutting, Bumble and Bumble signature blow dry class, product knowledge, and texture curl class.
- 2016 DreamCatchers Certified Hair Extension Specialist course
- 2016 Sally Rogerson Women’s Haircutting 3 day extensive training class in Orlando, Florida.
- 2017 The Business of Balayage Certified Balayage Specialist (one of only 8 on the east coast)! As of 2017.
- 2018 Featured and Published works on latesthairstyles website for my “Raspberry Bliss”
- 2018 Brazilian Blowout Re-Certification for updated technology systems
- 2018 Habit hand tied extensions member of Haircation and Bombshell hair extensions
- 2018 Platform Hair Extensions Hand-tied extensions certification training class, Mosaic Salon & Boutique, Las Vegas
- 2019 Bumble & bumble razor hair cutting class
- 2019 Blonding Bootcamp at aeffect hair with Kaitlyn Brown (@hairbykaitlynbrown)
- 2020 SILX Global Hand Tied Extension Educator Certification
Class above Sally Rogerson three day women’s hair cutting class hosted by aeffect hair, Orlando, FL..